Oakville is Honoured to have the Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides’ head office and training centre located here. Founded in 1983, it is a national charity with six programs, providing Dog Guides at no cost, to Canadians with disabilities:
1. Canine Vision for people who are blind r visually impaired
2. Hearing Ear for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
3. Autism Assistance for children who have autism spectrum disorder
4. Service for people who have a physical disability
5. Seizure Response for people who have epilepsy
6. Diabetic Alert for people who have type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness
This past year they successfully matched 159 people from coast to coast with their life changing Dog Guides all at no cost despite the $25,000 it actually costs to rasie and train each Dog Guide. Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides’ school is an amazing organization that includes incredible board members, dedicated employees, countless volunteers and of course where would this all be without the breeding and training of their most accomplished four legged friends. We are proud to salute them as our local hero.
This is an excerpt from the November edition of “AROUND THE 16 MILE – celebrating our town”, the monthly newsletter by Saunders, Saxton & Winter focusing on Oakville, Ontario. If you’d like to receive our monthly newsletter automatically via email just fill in the form below. To receive this specific newsletter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the title of this post so we know which newsletter to send you.
[contact-form-7 id=”4″ title=”Contact form 1″]